The information we collect includes personal information provided by you when you interact with us, such as when you register as a member or corporate supporter, or participate in events or continuing professional development. We may also collect general location information, additional information requested during sign-up, aggregated information generated by our systems or third-party systems, and other information that does not personally identify you. Providing this information is necessary for us to deliver relevant products and services, and you may choose not to provide certain information.
Who does TRMA share my information with?
We may need to share or disclose:
- Aggregated and anonymized tracking information and other non-personally identifiable information to third parties for business purposes such as market analysis, member profiling, marketing, and advertising.
- Information about your website usage, click stream data, and interactions with TRMA digital promotional materials to third parties, who may use it to improve their services according to their own privacy policies.
- Your personal information to third parties if required by law in good faith.
- Personal information authorized by you for sharing with other members via internal membership databases for circulation to other members.
How might TRMA use my information?
We collect and use your information for various purposes, including:
- Verifying your identity and assisting with password or login details for accessing our services.
- Authorizing and processing credit card transactions through trusted third-party payment solution providers.
- Providing products and services to you, including communication related to your TRMA membership.
- Sending you information about other websites, products, and services that may be of interest to you.
- Identifying and preventing harm, such as fraud, spam, and data security incidents.
- Measuring and improving our marketing, promotions, and publicity through direct marketing, market research, and surveys.
- Any other uses authorized by you.
- We will ensure that the information we use or disclose is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant, and not misleading.
What happens if I interact with any of TRMA’s content providers, advertisers, or partners?
When you interact with third parties that advertise with us or provide content through our website, they may have different privacy policies than us. We do not control their actions, and it’s recommended to review their privacy policies before providing them with your personal information, even if you’re using our services.
How is cookie information used?
We may use the information generated by cookies or similar tools to:
- Track traffic patterns to and from our site, including pages visited, time spent on each page, date and time of visit, and referring pages.
- Enable members to use certain services without needing to log in each time and access member-restricted areas of the site.
For users based in the European Union, we do not use, collect, or store tracking data for interest-based advertising purposes, as far as we are aware.
How can you control cookies and the information we collect?
How can you control the personal information we collect?
TRMA prioritizes the privacy and security of your personal information. We utilize industry standard security technology and regularly monitor our data infrastructure to ensure your information is protected. However, no service can be completely secure. If you have any concerns about the security of your account or personal information, please contact us immediately at [email protected].
You have the right to request access, updates, and corrections to your personal information under the Privacy Act 2020. We will retain your information for as long as reasonably required, but you may request deletion of your information or account suspension. Please note that we may need to retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
If you wish to inquire about the personal information TRMA holds about you, please contact us at [email protected]
In the event of a privacy breach involving your personal information, we will notify the Privacy Commissioner and affected parties as required by law and as soon as practicable.